SAA | EVI plans to redevelop the former Buffalo Forge site located at 490 Broadway Street, Buffalo, NY 14204. SAA | EVI will initially build Phase I, which will create a “new community” on Broadway and Mortimer Street. The Forge on Broadway will be a 159-unit mixed income multi-family property with approximately 80% of units targeted towards tenants earning at or below 60% of the Area Median Income (AMI), while 20% of the units will be targeted towards tenants earning above 60% and up to 120% of AMI. The Forge on Broadway development plan will consist of four phases as well as significant wellness based community outdoor space. The anticipated total construction cost is approximately $46M.
To revitalize a former industrial complex, bringing the site full circle to become a vibrant, residential community focused on wellness and healthy living. We believe there are a variety of “health amenities” we can provide in our development that will encourage tenants to practice healthy living.
- Indoor workout facilities- offering classes both educational and fitness classes, free of charge to all tenants in the building
- Space devoted to monitoring health data…such as blood pressure machines, and diabetes monitoring
- Outdoor jogging and walking track
- A bicycle share program
- Outdoor year round garden space for growing healthy food
- Space devoted to teaching healthy cooking
- Electronic car charging stations
- Large Green roof, which also serves for, covered parking in Phase 1